Annikah's Journey

Annikah Madisen had cranial surgery on October 2nd, 2006 at Kansas City Children's Medical Center. The surgery corrected a condition known as craniosynostosis.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Life Goes On...



Her first full day home...Friday. Monday seems like a year ago. There's a definite mystery to crisis; time; energy; and rythym in life.

This afternoon, I visited friends from church in another hospital where their newborn daughter is still in NICU (Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit). Here they are, new parents, and they are already thrust into the world of being completely vulnerable in the presence of God. Really...what other choice do they have? Worrying?!? I think we all know where that will lead you...no where!

As I was getting ready to pray with them, I asked, "What do people who do not know God do when they are confronted with crises? Where do they turn? Who do they depend on for hope? Humans? Themselves? Positive thinking?"

I'm reminded of words from a cherished hymn that I entered into a comment on another friend's website when his wife was battling a defeating struggle with cancer...

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus' name. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand...all other ground is sinking sand."

The promises of scripture have rung true for us time and time again on this journey of ours. The reality is that those promises where designed for us LONG before we ever existed and they will ring true long after our lives are mere records in history.

He is Faithful!


Side note: With Annikah's recovery taking on slower progress in this phase of her journey, we will once again return to a once-a-week update. Please be assured that we have saved EVERY comment and email for her to read and be encouraged by as she gets older. While she will never remember the events of this week first-hand, the memory of God's grace in her life and the legacy of love she's been granted through people like you will be very fresh in her mind as she grows up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam (and Joel),

I am so encourgaged by your posts about how God is working and how He is so faithful! When you were talking about how people who do not know God come through a crisis I was reminded how my family said the same thing last year when my dad was killed by a drunk driver. Whether it is a surgery, death or a family member in critical care, where else can we go but to the One who is ever present in our time of need? I truly do not know how those who don't know Christ make it through. I needed to be reminded of that today. Thank you for sharing and God used it to speak to me today. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

In Him,
Sara Frakes

1:10 PM  
Blogger TJFozzie said...

May I just say that reading Annikah's blog is such an inspiration!? Thank you so much for sharing what you're going through...I am bolstered in my faith and encouraged to keep running the race.

By the way ~ that question you asked? I heard the answer firsthand the other day...what people do when they don't have God to turn to. This young person said to me that she guessed my life was different from hers ~ I have Jesus to lean on and she has the support of friends and family. I have a hard time believing that's enough considering how much people have hurt her already, but I am consistently reminded that I don't have to be one to hurt her, and certainly not one of "those" Christians she has had experiences with, but rather I can hopefully, prayerfully, be one who helps her see the hole that longs to be filled by the Heavenly Father who loves her so much.

Thanks again, guys!
Trayc

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. We just got the blogsppot information today, and as I read back over the past month, it is so incredible to see what you've gone through. You did not know the outcome, yet you have continued to trust Abba that He would take care of her. As tears are streaming down my face, I look at her beautiful eyes and see how precious she is to you. And then am reminded how much more precious she is to our Father. He holds her in His hands. He listens to His children pray and responds. We are rejoicing with you in this process.

Thank you for encouraging me in my walk, which has been dry lately. I am so encouraged to live 8 hours away from you guys...we'd love to visit and fellowship with our brother and sister in the Lord.

We'll keep praying!

Susan Grey
Phoenix, Az

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home