Annikah's Journey

Annikah Madisen had cranial surgery on October 2nd, 2006 at Kansas City Children's Medical Center. The surgery corrected a condition known as craniosynostosis.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Helpless in Kansas City?




From Joel:

Okay...it seemed like a good idea at the time, but after it was over, my heart felt like it was in my throat. Through a connection at our church (Kansas City Central Church of the Nazarene) we were able to develop a new friendship with a young family whose baby, Lilly had the same surgical procedure that Annikah will have.

Pam and Lilly's mom, Rebble, have had several conversations over the phone, but we finally connected in person this week.

Don't get me wrong...spending all that time with Rebble and looking at the AMAZING scrapbook of every detail in Lilly's journey, was very worthwhile. It's just that the reality of Annikah's journey finally hit me.

Our baby is going to experience suffering. Our baby is going to experience pain. Our baby is going to go through a life experience that Pam and I have never had to go through ourselves...her story will be written much differently than ours.

MILLIONS of thoughts, images, and scenarios have raced through my mind over the past couple of days...and the sad thing is that often they turned inward...you know..."Poor me!" and "I don't know if I can handle this, Lord" and that sort of downward thinking. It's in those moments that I'm reminded how IMPERATIVE it is for me to turn my thoughts, worries, and prayers Godward instead of inward. His word is FULL of promises - can you think of them? Are they written on your mind and heart?

Without God, we are utterly helpless. Without God, we rely ONLY on our own understanding of how things are going to turn out. Without God...helpless.

So...it is our time to rely on the promises of His perfect Word. It is our time to stand helpless before our God...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Tooley family - you are up on my prayer board - you are in my heart - you are in God's hands!

you have my prayers daily....

Love Rebecca

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello family! The Tooley Clan in Arizona (the Army has me back here for the fourth time, yuck) have you and your family deep in our thoughts and prayers. I wish there was a way you guys would not have to go through with this procedure as it will be tasking for all, but if I can will you strength, its coming your way right now. The big guy is upstairs and gently comforting you right now, and since I'm not flying this go-around (enough in Iraq), I'll ask my guardian angel to head on up too your family too. She works well, and most definitely earned her wings with me.

Yours in prayer, John E. Tooley and Family (including three greyhounds for speed).

11:25 PM  
Blogger Andy and Lesa Brown said...

Lesa and I will be praying for all of you, Annikah especially, during the surgery. Thank you for keeping us updated and in the loop!

-Andy and Lesa Brown

5:04 AM  
Blogger AVToolman said...

As Anna & Anikah played together Monday evening, I was lifting Annikah to the throne room. Knowing she has some rough days ahead I am honored to carry her to Abba's office daily reminding Him of His promises (as if He needs reminding) and thanking Him for His touch already present and evident. I love you, little brother. Please do not hesitate to call on us for anything. Dawn & I desire to support you in any way possible to help reduce your stress and worries.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel, Pam, and family,
Y'all are in our prayers. There is nothing too big for God. He has little Annikah in mind and is already helping her trust in Him. My prayer for y'all is that He continues to give you the strenght that you need "pre" and "post" operation. What an awesome God we serve!

pASTOR pETE and family

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tooley Family! Be glad and keep trusting our amazing and faithful God. My church is praying for Annikah and all of you.
With love,
Jacky Novena

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home